In this assignment, you are going to explore how a nurse theorist of your choice created his or her theory. You will become the theorist immersing yourself in the writings from the earliest mentioned to the most current literature. Writing in the voice of the theorist (taking on the persona of the theorist) create the theory through the following four stages. You can search and pick one of this theorist . write it in a voice of theorist or third person writing
Nola pender health promotion
In the first stage, theorizing occurs. This is where you, as the theorist, identify the concepts of what nursing is and is not. Perhaps you questioned what concepts were guiding those in nursing practice and then started to question your role. You started asking yourself, “Where am I in nursing, and where the profession is going? Is there some overarching concept that guides the professional in his or her practice?” This is where you recognize that a theory is needed.
In the second stage, syntax is developed. This is where you will define the terms. Look for changing definitions of terms. Consider, for example, Jean Watson. She starts by defining the word “caring.” Within the last ten years she has refined her terminology changing the term caring to caritas. This demonstrates a growth and maturation from decades of research she and other scholars did to produce the theory of caring.
The third stage is theory testing. Defined as the phenomena behind the theory that are exposed through research. The definitions of terms are refined. The theorists and other researchers consider whether this theory helps answer questions that arise in practice. This is where your theory is used in by a widening group of researchers. For example, graduate nursing students request the tool you developed while testing your theory.
The fourth and last stage is evaluation. This is where philosophical debate occurs as the concepts are applied through evidenced based practice in the act of providing nursing care.
1. The introduction identifies the purpose of the assignment in a clearly stated fully formed paragraph of at least six sentences in length supported with relevant background and peer reviewed source support.
2. Stage 1 : Theorizing – This part contains at least three concepts identified to what nursing is and what nursing is not.
3. Stage 2 : Syntax – This part of the assignment contains at least two or more terms clearly defined
4. Stage 3 : Theory Testing – Provides two or more examples of how theory was applied to quantitative/qualitative research consisting of different populations and a widening group of researchers outside the discipline of nursing. please use Physical therapist, dietician, and medical social worker as an example if you only want 2 examples you can pick the first 2
5. Stage 4 : Evaluation – Provides at least five examples of how theory is applied through evidenced based practice in the act of providing nursing care.
6. The conclusion restates the main idea, summarizing at least three subpoints, in a fully formed paragraph of a minimum of six sentences in length with peer reviewed source support.