https://homeworknurse.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/logo-4-300x75.png 0 0 Jane https://homeworknurse.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/logo-4-300x75.png Jane2021-04-07 22:23:162021-04-07 22:23:16memory
"Order a similar paper and get 15% discount on your first order with us
Discussion 6 — How We Construct and Lose Our Memories
This week, we will explore memory is a faithful record and show how our patchwork memories serve us better than a mental museum.
Step 1: Address the following discussion questions in one paragraph for each of the three question items:
1. How are memories formed at the following levels:
- Molecular: What is long-term potentiation (LTP)?
- Cellular: How is the hippocampus important for memory?
- System: How widely are memories distributed in the brain?
2. How would you distinguish amnesia from normal forgetting? When would you describe someone as absent-minded versus amnesic?
3. What’s better: A memory that records objectively and accurately, or a memory that can be updated to support newer levels of understanding?
4. Please answer the questions individually and not as one huge answer