nutrition issue on obesity
Jorge is a 4 year old boy who is an only child living with both parents who work fulltime jobs so he spends his afternoon at his grandma’s house playing video games until his parents pick him up. Jorge’s parents shared that his pediatrician noticed that Jorge’s weight is above average for his age and height. You notice that he does not play with other children on the playground and has a hard time waking up from naps. During story time he is always yawning and laying on the carpet and at snack time is lunch box is full of sugary snacks.
In your paper,
- Summarize your chosen nutrition issue on obesity. (Introduction [one paragraph])
- Identify three main concerns related to the health, safety, and nutrition of this child Jorge.
- Discuss the potential long-term effects of the nutrition issue obesity from your case study on this child’s growth and development.
- Explain three ways an early childhood teacher can address the issue in the school or center setting.
- Describe three ways you can collaborate with others (e.g., colleagues, families, the community) to combat this nutrition issue.
- Summarize the main points of the nutrition issue and your role in supporting this student. (Conclusion [one paragraph])
The Nutrition Issues paper
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site., refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text.