r Psychological Testing and Assessment text
Use the readings from your Psychological Testing and Assessment text, Embretson’s 2004 article, “The Second Century of Ability Testing: Some Predictions and Speculations,” and additional research to complete this discussion.
Research the historical connections and trends in the field of psychology of the following dyads: (1) Sir Francis Galton to James McKeen Cattell, and (2) Alfred Binet to Lewis Terman. Compare and contrast the relationship between both sets of key figures and the milestones they facilitated in the history of tests and measurements. What were the similarities and differences within each dyad? What were the similarities and differences across the two sets of dyads?
Choose one of these four individuals based on the criteria below and do additional research on that person using the Capella library. Share your findings about key contributions of that selected individual in your discussion post, citing at least two published articles, not including the Psychological Testing and Assessment text or the Embretson article (include these as references). Identify your choice of the key historical figure in your subject line of the post you submit.
In your post:
- Identify a couple of important similarities and differences within each dyad.
- Identify a couple of important similarities and differences across both sets of dyads.
- Identify the individual who, in your opinion, had the greatest impact on your particular interest or specialty within the field of psychology. (Include the name of the individual in your subject line of the discussion thread when you submit your initial post.)
- Describe how the one historical figure you selected expanded the base of knowledge in the field, including information from the journal articles.
- Explain how that individual provided a foundation to a trend that continues in psychology today.