Read this article as an empirical study:
by Dr. Behforooz (The effects of peer-assisted sentence-combining practice on four young writers with learning disabilities)
1. What is the hypothesis? Define and state
-If directly stated give the exact hypothesis and provide an in-text citation with the page number. If implied provide support.
2. What is known about the topic and why is this research topic important?
-Read the literature review section
3. Define and list the independent variables used in the study.
4. List the dependent variables used in the stud. Define and state
5. Does the study adheres to IRB’s ethical guidelines?
–List, define and provide supporting evidence
6. Summarize the study
-What type of research was conducted? Provide a summary of the method, subjects, data collection and findings.
7. Critique the study
-Discuss whether the design was appropriate to address the hypothesis.
-Do you see any problems?