understanding of early adulthood
For this assignment, you have two options to choose from. The purpose of this assignment is to further your understanding of early adulthood.
Respond to either option A or B.
A) Please watch It’s About Time We Stopped Shaming Millennials in its entirety. This video explores just a few issues the current generation of young adults experience. As you write your essay, answer these questions:
· If you are not part of this generation, how do the challenges of today’s young adults differ from the challenges faced by your own generation? How are the challenges similar?
· If you are a part of this generation, how accurate was this documentary regarding the challenges of your generation? Please provide specific examples from your own experience and observations throughout your essay.
· What important challenges were left out?
· What does it mean to you (regardless of which generation you are a part of) to be a young adult in today’s society?
· How does identity development change during these formative years?
B) Watch the talk Why 30 is not the new 20. Romantic relationships and finding a career path are two major developmental tasks accomplished during the transitional stage of early adulthood. As you write your essay, answer these questions; please include specific examples from your own life throughout:
· As you find yourself in this stage, or as you once were in this stage, what personal developmental tasks and conflicts are you/were you faced with?
· What specific personal life structures are you creating or did create to meet these tasks and conflicts?
· How have your life structures regarding romantic relationships and career been influenced by your family, peers, cultural norms, or personal values?
· Essay is 1,000 or more words in length
· Uses three academic sources, two of which are from academic, peer-reviewed journals
· Uses correct APA in-text citations throughout and includes an APA reference page